Monday, January 30, 2012

Pictures of Oaxaca

Zapata and marijuana leaves
Did I mention Steve likes park benches? 
Paulina Salas teaches me Spanish. She tries to get me to use past and future tenses. I'll work on that, but I'm ducking the subjunctive. 
Funeral parlor with classic Mexican dog out front. 
Little kid and Benito Jaurez in Lllano Park. 
One of the complicated patterns of stone in Mitla, the Zapotec/Mixtec archaeological site outside of Oaxaca. 
Fence made of cactus in Mitla.



The mighty big tree at Tule. It's dwarfing that big church. 
Bright flowers, bright walls everywhere. 
Bought these in the market for 15 pesos. About $1.20
Cool fruit. Anyone know what it is?
Maiz Virgin of Guadalupe car. 
Steve and rabbit. Great street art everywhere. 
Torta men at the Llano Park. They're there every Friday. So am I. 
We walked up into the hills today. 


No comments: